Packaging and Merchandising Design - Project 1

25/5/2020 - 15/6/2020 (Week 6 - Week 10)
Chan Qian Hui 0334447
Packaging and Merchandising Design
Project 1

INSTRUCTION



PROJECT 1 - HAPPY MEAL DESIGN

For this project, we were tasked to design a happy meal packaging with an educational message for kids. We were also additionally tasked to design the fries packaging as well. I wanted to go for an interactive approach to encourage kids bonding with their family and play games together. The game itself would also indirectly educate kids regarding the precautions regarding COVID-19.


Game references
Fig 1.0 Game Reference

Moodboard
The game which I chose to go for is mainly inspired from snake and ladder to give advantages and disadvantages based on choices made by the players.


Fig 1.1 Moodboard reference

Progress

I started out first by designing the game structure. Since the box is long, the approach for the design of the game is a point A to point B game using only one path.


Fig 1.2 Initial design of board game

Mr Shamsul commented that I could further enhance the game mechanics with pause or step backwards instead of just advantages. I can also implement fun facts in the ladder to educate the players indirectly.


Fig 1.3 Final Design of Inner Box

Outer Box Design

In order to create a cohesive design, I implemented elements from the boardgame into the outer box as well. I initially wanted to design characters on the box but it did not match well with the design of the game so I decided to remove it.


Fig 1.4 Outer Box Design

Fries Box Design

Similarly, I applied the similar design pattern in my fries box as well.


Fig 1.5 Fries Box

Final Slides Submission




FEEDBACK

Comments

Popular Posts